Telemedicine is a healthcare benefit that employers can offer to employees independent of other healthcare benefits or insurance. It’s a 24/7/365 phone or video consultation service with licensed physicians who can consult, diagnose, and if needed, prescribe medication for common and acute illnesses. Consultations are done on your mobile device, tablet, home phone, or computer.
Employees don’t miss work wasting time at the doctor’s office and their entire family is covered! So you provide peace of mind and a nice benefit, too.
- Telemedicine lets you offer an important, but inexpensive healthcare benefit, independent of other health coverage.
- Lower employee absensteeism, which boosts company profitability.
- Increase overall employee satisfaction with your benefit package.
- Keep administrative costs low.
- Easy to get started.
- Telemedicine saves employees time and money by offering…
- 24/7/365 access to US Board Certified physicians.
- Convenient access to care via phone or video.
- Significantly lower costs than traditional ER or Urgent Care visits, with no copay for consultation.
- Avoidance of long waiting room visits with exposure to other sick people.
- Consultation with a physician at home, work, or even on vacation.
- Prescriptions called in to local pharmacy, based on diagnosis.
Most Common Diagnosed Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is providing the service?
Corporate Payroll Services has teamed up with MYidealDOCTOR™ (MiD), a leading provider of cloud-based telemedicine and mobile health (mhealth) services to provide telemedicine services to our clients.
What conditions can be treated?
Conditions most commonly treated include cold & flu, allergies, sinus and upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, pink eye, and many non-emergency issues.
Are my records private?
Yes. You determine who can view your secure-Health Portal by personally sharing with convenient portal access 24/7.
Can I use my usual pharmacy?
Yes. When a prescription is deemed necessary, the physician can call it in to the pharmacy of your choice. Many pharmacies have free or reduced prices on antibiotics. If you are using an insurance prescription card or discount drug program card, standard negotiated rates will apply.
Will I be speaking with a “real physician”?
Yes. The physicians are all US Board Certified, credentialed and actively practicing.
How can the physician write a prescription without seeing me in person?
The most common prescriptions given are antibiotics and antihistamines. Physicians follow strict protocols when diagnosing conditions. No DEA-controlled substances, no lifestyle, no mood altering drugs, or those that may have the potential for abuse will be written. Service is not permitted for children under the age of 2.
Can I call or be treated if I am traveling outside of the United States?
International consults are not permitted.
How do I schedule a consultation?
You can connect and schedule a personal consult in 3 ways.
- Use the mobile app.
- Call a toll free number.
- Go to the website.