General Liability Insurance
What is Covered Under General Liability Insurance?
If you receive a claim against your business for bodily harm or property damage, a GLI policy can help cover:
- A customer’s medical expenses if they experience a slip or fall on your premises
- Repair costs if a customer’s property was damaged by an employee who was working at a customer’s home
- Legal costs to defend your business in certain lawsuits
- Judgments and settlements from a customer or client’s lawsuit
General liability insurance (“GLI”) can also help cover claims of:
- Bodily injury or property damage that your business causes.
- Reputational harm due to malicious prosecution, slander, libel, wrongful eviction, violating a person’s privacy and more.
- Copyright infringement
- Damage to rented property caused by a covered loss
As with all insurance policies, there are limits to what is covered. To learn more about what is covered under a GLI policy, contact us today to speak with one of our business insurance experts today!
Who Should Have General Liability Insurance?
Although general liability insurance is not usually required by law, business owners should consider the benefits of obtaining a policy. Running a business is hard enough. A GLI policy can help offer peace of mind and relieve some unnecessary stress. Accidents happen. Being covered lessens the blow.