What is Telehealth?
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, refers to providing patients with non-emergency healthcare, including consultations, diagnoses, and treatments, through any telecommunications technology. With telehealth, you can receive adequate healthcare through your phone or any device with an internet connection such as a computer or tablet allowing you to maintain social distance and protecting yourself and your healthcare provider from COVID-19.
Why is Telehealth important?
Telehealth is important to decrease your contact with healthcare facilities, healthcare staff, and other sick patients which can reduce your risk of COVID-19 and protect others as well.
What are the benefits of Telehealth?
- Speak with a doctor live via phone or video chat
- Save on travel time/ transportation costs
- Receive medical care from the comfort and safety of your home or office without having to adjust your schedule or take time off from work.
- Reduced wait time for services. On average, most telehealth services, such as RelyMD offered through Corporate Payroll Services, pair you with a doctor within 15 minutes to an hour. Times vary based on physician availability.
- Reduced number of visits to clinics
- Save on co-pays. Visits through some telehealth services, such as RelyMD offered through Corporate Payroll Services, have a $0 co-pay.
- You are covered as well as immediate family in your household who range from ages 2 years old to 26 years old.
Is it easy to sign up for a telehealth service?
In 2020, as the interest in telehealth began to rise, most insurance companies offered this service to their members for a per-visit fee. Many healthcare professionals also began offering the option of virtual medical visits for those who did not feel comfortable with in-person visits.
Signing up for a telehealth service through Corporate Payroll Services is simple and allows you access to U.S. Board Certified physicians throughout the United States. If you would like to get more information or enroll yourself and/or your employees, click here to learn more.
How much does telehealth cost?
With RelyMD, you only pay a small monthly fee per employee ($10.75/month if you are a CPS client and $14.95 for non-clients) and the cost of prescriptions if any are prescribed. Each visit has a $0 co-pay.
Would you like to learn more about how Telehealth can benefit you, your employees, and their families? Contact us today by filling out the form below!